No material from Modeler Site any Web site owned, operated, licensed, or controlled by Damian Covalski may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way, except that you may download one copy of the materials on any single computer for your personal, non-commercial home use only, provided you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices. Modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purpose is a violation of Damian Covalski's copyright and other proprietary rights.
Read More here > Legal notice
One of the most attractive aspects of modelling, in my opinion, is the detailing of mechanical parts, especially for old cars like this. So with this article I’ll share with the reader the work done in the nice Hasegawa Ferrari 312T2 1976 kit. The built model represents the car which Niki Lauda won the GP of Monaco with, over Scheckter and Depailler.
I used scratch made parts and several aftermarket, as the Hobby Design set, funnels and turned wheels, which were added during the construction of the model. Also rivets, cables and everything having at hand.
Gearbox, engine bay and rear suspension
The work started with the gearbox modification: at first, the brake calipers were separated from the gearbox kit part: they had a different color, and in addition, once separated it’s easier to improve the parts adding more details. Then all pieces comprising the gearbox were put together. I had to improve the suspension supports; to accomplish this task I removed plastic from the part which was moulded solid, using a milling tool. Finally some ribs made out of plasticard were added.
I began improving the rear suspension. The shock absorbers were detailed by adding the Top Studio Shock absorber set, the result is very realistic having in account the scale.
The lower rear triangles and uprights were strongly modified, mainly because the new wheels are quite heavy, so the final assembly would result too weak. The uprights were glued, and hollow areas were filled with plastic, puttied and sanded. Then I made holes in order to use turned bolts to attach the parts later, as in the real car. The starter was also removed to make the painting easier.
The upper part of the suspension was detailed adding some welding made of thin plastic rod. Then I glued the anti-roll bar supports.
This article is offered in PDF format to be read or printed using Acrobat reader, contact our webmaster > Here
Includes more than 153 pics, here we show only the text pages.
Esta Nota es ofrecida en formato PDF, el cual puede ser leído o impreso usando el Acrobat reader, contacte a nuestro webmaster > Aquí
Incluye más de 153 imágenes, aquí solo mostramos las paginas de texto.
Big size photos are only available in our PDF format.
Support us ordering our notes in PDF > Here