No material from Modeler Site any Web site owned, operated, licensed, or controlled by Damian Covalski may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way, except that you may download one copy of the materials on any single computer for your personal, non-commercial home use only, provided you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices. Modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purpose is a violation of Damian Covalski's copyright and other proprietary rights.
Read More here > Legal notice
Tamiya offer an excellent model for Ferrari lovers, that can’t be missing in a collection. In my opinion, it’s a very complex kit so not recommended for novices or those who want to spend some time distracted and relaxed with a simple model. Its complexity obliges you to study very carefully the instructions preparing a building plan, altering the instruction steps to get a good result.
Overall, the kit is very good, but the fact that disappointed me was that doors could not be open if they are mounted following the instructions steps. So, the model should be presented with the doors open or closed.
I proceeded to create a natural movement for the doors, nevertheless this obliged me to leave the body’s front without gluing since it makes it impossible to open them.
I think that the complex engineering of the real car, doesn’t allow that certain things are easily reproduced to scale. The same happens with the interior and other areas, as I’ll explain later.
This article aims at sharing with the reader the work achieved during several months to superdetail this beautiful model, providing lots of images.
I used the Hobby Design detail set which provided great realism, especially regarding the brakes.
It also supplies the air intake and outlet grilles as well as other details. However, many parts of the set were rejected.
I used the carbon fiber decals supplied by Tamiya which seemed excellent to me because they are thin and more realistic.
I recommend using Micro Sol and Set but being very cautious because several decals are small and in general fragile. It was and arduous task and you should be very patient since there are 119 decals to apply, especially in the interior and engine bay, but it’s really worth the effort.
For the emblems I used metal logos from Hobby Design.
This article is offered in PDF format to be read or printed using Acrobat reader, contact our webmaster > Here
Includes more than 197 pics, here we show only the text pages.
Esta Nota es ofrecida en formato PDF, el cual puede ser leído o impreso usando el Acrobat reader, contacte a nuestro webmaster > Aquí
Incluye más de 197 imágenes, aquí solo mostramos las paginas de texto.
Big size photos are only available in our PDF format.
Support us ordering our notes in PDF > Here