Building and improving the M706 Commando Armored Car (V-100) Hobby Boss #82418 - 1/35 scale

by Eduardo Andreoli © 2009 Modeler Site

Legal Notice

No material from Modeler Site any Web site owned, operated, licensed, or controlled by Damian Covalski may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way, except that you may download one copy of the materials on any single computer for your personal, non-commercial home use only, provided you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices. Modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purpose is a violation of Damian Covalski's copyright and other proprietary rights.

Read More here > Legal notice

There are manufacturers that get better with every kit they introduce in the market, and each one is better than its predecessor in quality, detail, fit, etc. Of course, there are exceptions and sometimes a new kit can be worse than the previous one. In my personal thinking, this is what happened with the M706 Commando Armored Car from Hobby Boss (also known as V-100). Though it was released after the M4 Truck, its overall quality was lower. Something that we have to admit is that this company use to surprise us with different models and at reasonable prices.

The kit

The kit comprises 6 sprues with parts plus the upper and lower hulls in light grey plastic besides it includes a small fret of parts in clear plastic featuring the lights, visors…and the winch hook!! I would like to know why the made it in clear plastic.

A short length of chain, 4 tires, 2 etched parts along with decals for the two North American Vietnam versions.
The instructions are clear and come together with a full color sheet where you can see where the decals have to be applied.

The kit supplies just a few parts to detail the interiors, extremely poor and to get a decent result this would have needed much scratch. As that was not my intention, I decided not to pay attention to the interiors and left aside those parts which were put in my spare box.



I went straight to step 3. Here I had to join both hull sections but before I had to make the holes as the instruction indicate so as to place other parts, besides of making some simple improvements and gluing some part.

With a 0,20mm rod, I made an edge to all the top upper hull contour and replaced the too thick rainguards injected in plastic with a 0,10 mm wire slightly flattened.


This note is offered in PDF format to be read or printed using Acrobat reader, contact our webmaster > Here

Includes more than 50 pics, here we show only the text pages.


Esta Nota es ofrecida en formato PDF, el cual puede ser leído o impreso usando el Acrobat reader, contacte a nuestro webmaster > Aquí

Incluye más de 50 imágenes, aquí solo mostramos las paginas de texto.


Big size photos are only available in our PDF format.

Support us ordering our notes in PDF > Here