Lamborghini Gallardo: customizing the Fujimi kit

1/24 scale

by Lukasz Rybacki © 2010 Modeler Site

Legal Notice

No material from Modeler Site any Web site owned, operated, licensed, or controlled by Damian Covalski may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way, except that you may download one copy of the materials on any single computer for your personal, non-commercial home use only, provided you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices. Modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purpose is a violation of Damian Covalski's copyright and other proprietary rights.

Read More here > Legal notice

After get the first prize for my highly detailed Ferrari Enzo in "Italian Job", a competition in a modelling forum, I wanted to do something simple just for fun. So I decided to make my variation of Gallardo using as base the Fujimi kit #12259, Lamborghini Gallardo by Sportec DX. From the beginning I wasn’t making a copy of a specified car. The key in this build was to take a little from various Gallardo versions and make my own and that looks good.


The Fujimi kit isn’t very detailed so is good for a quick, relaxing build. The engine bay is very simple you might even say “poor” and the engine itself is made only as a upper half moulded with the bay.


Interior is quite good detailed and the parts nicely fit together – no problems here.


Big problem is that in the rear the chassis and the body doesn’t fit well. I had to use a lot of force and CA glue to hold the together in correct position.


Acu-Stion parts for the Gallardo are a total waste of money. Parts poorly fit with the model and there is no instruction at all so you have to guess what to do with all of the parts. This set contains windshield wipers which have a completely different curvature than the windshield.


Lamborghini emblems – no problems here.


I started the build as usual – converting the box content into a stack of mixed parts. I was very pleased because this part went quite smoothly. After preliminary sanding and removing the remains of connections with the frames I moved to the car main part – the body. It is the most displayed part and I always pay special attention to it as I want it to look perfect. First I sanded the body using a 600 sanding paper to expose all the shrinkage hollows and other surface defects. After a quick wash up and drying using air from my airbrush I filled all the hollows with Tamiya Putty White and sanded them down with 600 sanding paper. In some cases I had to do this two times.

This note is offered in PDF format to be read or printed using Acrobat reader, contact our webmaster > Here

Includes more than 123 pics, here we show only the text pages.

Esta Nota es ofrecida en formato PDF, el cual puede ser leído o impreso usando el Acrobat reader, contacte a nuestro webmaster > Aquí

Incluye más de 123 imágenes, aquí solo mostramos las paginas de texto.


Support us ordering our notes in PDF > Here

Apóyenos ordenando nuestras notas en PDF > Aquí