Improving the Fujimi Ferrari 248 1/20 scale
by Francisco J. Rivas Pose © 2010 Modeler Site
No material from Modeler Site any Web site owned, operated, licensed, or controlled by Damian Covalski may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way, except that you may download one copy of the materials on any single computer for your personal, non-commercial home use only, provided you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices. Modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purpose is a violation of Damian Covalski's copyright and other proprietary rights.
Read More here > Legal notice
This kit was announced as Schumacher’s last F1 car and represented the single-seater he raced in 2006 Brazil GP. Except for a few details, it’s a faithful replica. My intention was not to build an exact version that ran in one particular Grand Prix but to give my model as much detail as possible, in fact, I neither had the intention to show the model with the wings and cowling in place since I wanted to leave the engine with plenty of detail visible.
After a few years without news in this scale, finally in 2007 Fujimi released the Ferrari 126C2 and then the future releases: 126CK and 641-2.
Though I’ll get around to them sometime, these F1 are not my favorite; but what came in 2009 and 2010 was definitely the best.
Hasegawa also released two kits. Let me confess that although all these kits attract my attention, I have a weakness for the Ferrari 87, the Mclarens and the two Williams, of course; which are two of my favorite F1 cars.
The photos of the Ferrari 248 interior, subject of the article, are very difficult to find around the web, so, I decided to buy them from Gurneyflap. I think they are about 70 pics and you get what you pay for since they are excellent.
Our thanks to Remi Humbert from Gurneyflap for letting us to have these pictures for the article.
Engine and rear suspension
Contrary to the usual method, I cut all the parts off the sprues once they were cleaned up and removed the flashes since I wanted to dry fit and improve most of them.
I started to modify the rear suspension. The attachment points in the gear box to which I made reference to above, were made from scratch with 0,5mm plasticard. A little complicated but very visible.
This tutorial is offered in PDF format to be read or printed using Acrobat reader, contact our webmaster > Here
Includes more than 74 pics, here we show only the text pages.
Estan nota es ofrecida en formato PDF, el cual puede ser leído o impreso usando el Acrobat reader, contacte a nuestro webmaster > Aquí
Incluye más de 74 imágenes, aquí solo mostramos las paginas de texto.
Support us ordering our notes in PDF > Here