Once this news was known by the Captains, " rainbow " operation, which would sink the submarine fleet by themselves, began.
When High Allied Command knew this fact, demanded from the Admiral to put an end to the ships' destruction, performing the surrender's conditions.
On June 10th in the morning, that is to say 36 days later and at a few miles from the "Mar Del Plata" city harbor coast in Argentina, emerged the Germany fleet's submarine U-530, to discard part of its armament; when this task finished, the boat immersed again and went on navigating to emerge then at 4000 meters from the coast.
At 7.30 AM, and for more than 15 minutes the German commander Lieutenant OTTO VERMOUTH exchanged messages with the Argentina Navy Base's chief "Capitan de Corveta" (Captain) RAMON SAYUS, after identifying his ship as the U-530, the German commander informed that he wanted to surrender peacefully.
After this, the surrendered Captain joined his crew and were notified that they were prisoners of war. A few days later, on July 12th, after a simple ceremony the Lieutenant gave the boat to the Argentine Navy hoisting then the Argentine flag.
I made cuts on the prow following the modifications that were made on 16 type IX U-Boat (the U530 was one of them).
I opened and thinned scuttles on the deck.
I eliminated the torpedo's recharge cover in the stern, (the A and B type were curve)
The holes for free water circulation were opened.
I scratch built a new support for the drag rope.
I drilled all bitts, eight in short.
I made new exhausts on the port and starboard.
The openings made on deck were detailed (actually exists very good photographic references).
I paid special attention to the whole snorkel assemble, since the kit doesn't provide it. I built it with stretched sprue which I sanded to give it the right shape.
I worked first on the tower extension, then I detailed its interior, deck, rest feet (and their supports), entrance doors, anti spray sheets, ( the kit didn't have some of them), snorkel support, handrails and drails, armament supports and shields.
Grills for diesel engines' air suction.
After this I paid my attention to the paint job, I began giving to the whole model a medium gray base layer. To simulate the typical "U-booten" paint shelling (at the end of the war) I used the technique of applying white glue or mask liquid, and after painting it I peeled off the masking material.
The final effect is as if you were seeing an uneven green peeled paint.
I waited until all this was dry (24 hrs. more or lees) and I began with the rust and drip effects so characteristic on the submarines of that period.
Máquinas de guerra, N'62. Submarinos del eje AMT. U-Boat con pabellón Argentino. (Raul Forte) Diario "LA NACION" 8/8/95 (Emesto Caslrilion)